As with all businesses in 2020, the impact of the coronavirus was a devastating disruption to the Council’s operations. President Augie Smarkel has initiated Zoom meetings for the last several months, and is anxious to reach out to member firms to let them know CCTIA is here to support their needs and interests.
If you haven’t attended a recent meeting, please take a moment to mark your calendar for the upcoming one on June 24th at 3:00 p.m. Multiple announcements are sent to the membership in advance of the meeting, and always contain easy links to add the event to your calendar and/or log in. Executive Secretary Miki Craig is always available to assist you should you require support in joining.
Key issues and/or tasks from the last few meetings have included:
1) Re-election of current officers and directors for the remainder of 2021
2) Dues structure and budget for the current fiscal year
3) Development of online educational topics to provide an alternative for earning CEU’s for member firms’ technicians
4) Identifying key industry issues and topics of interest for programs during the general business meetings
5) Discussion of who, if anyone, is setting the standard of practice for the California CoMET firms
6) Sustainability of CCTIA
7) Succession planning for CCTIA
8) Development of survey to identify member needs
Membership fee invoices were mailed June 9, 2021, and are due July 31st. Renewing members pay $500; new members pay $650. Please contact Miki if you do not receive an invoice for your firm.